We Are Hiring: Mobile App Developer
We are hiring a mobile app developer to join our team, either in London or remote.
About imby.bio and Considerate Hoteliers
At imby.bio we’re building an online platform to give individuals the power to protect and enhance urban biodiversity through good gardening.
Considerate Hoteliers is a specialist company that helps hospitality businesses to operate more responsibly.
Both companies are working together on a grant to build the initial version of a mobile application that helps staff at small and medium enterprises in the hospitality sector to reduce their energy usage.
While the initial funding is for a period of 6 months, both imby and Considerate Hoteliers intend to secure additional funding that would make this position permanent.
About you and your career
Whether you stay with imby for the time required to deliver this project or you stay for a longer period, you will work on technology that helps people make their environment a better place to live in. You will be supported by colleagues who are experts in their business or technical domains, and we will provide training to ensure that by the time you leave, you are a better engineer and are able to take your career to the next level.
About this role
We need you to take responsibility for building the CH App, ensuring it works across mobile devices, is robust and accessible.
You will be joining a small team in London, and be working directly with imby’s UX Designer, imby’s CTO and the Considerate Hoteliers team to realise our shared vision.
You will be responsible for refining the front-end design and implementing it as a mobile app that integrates with a back-end data platform. You will ensure that the app is robust and able to deal with potentially incomplete and inaccurate data, temporary loss of internet connection and other issues typical of real world mobile apps.
You will be responsible for the technical testing of the app, including unit testing and end to end testing with multiple devices and browsers.
Overall tasks that you will carry out:
- Mobile app development
- Refine the details of UX and UI design to make it implementable
- Contribute to the platform’s REST API definition in order to ensure that the app receives all the data it needs
- Implement the app using React Native, Cordova or PhoneGap
- Mobile app testing
- Implement unit test and end-to-end tests
- Perform manual tests on iOS and Android devices
- Resolve bugs reported by users or team members
- Start Date: March 2018 (ASAP)
- Duration: 6 months initially
- Hours: Full time (part time can be accommodated)
- Location: London or remote
You have experience in mobile app development and have previously been working as part of a team on projects delivering mobile apps or web sites. You have experimented with technologies like React Native or Cordova and would like to work on a project where you can take that knowledge and deliver solutions in production, as part of a dynamic start-up.
- Qualification in software or mobile app development from a university or code camp;
- Or self-taught developer with portfolio of work.
Essential skills & Experience
- Good command of English, both spoken and written
- Android, iOS or cross-platform mobile app development
- Working knowledge of Version Control Systems, preferably git
- Experience in testing mobile applications
Nice to Have
- Experience with tools like React Native, Cordova or PhoneGap
- Working knowledge of mobile accessibility concepts
If this sounds like you, contact me at email@example.com to apply and don’t hesitate to share this post if you know someone who might be.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.